Indian Institute of Teacher Education (IITE) , a State Public University established under Gujarat Government Act 8/2010, is the University dedicated to Teacher Education. IITE is a recognized university under section 2(f) of University Grants Commission (UGC). It is only of its kind in India and in South Asian Countries
The courses offered at IITE are as under:
The duration of B.Sc.B.Ed. and B.A.B.Ed programmes is 4 years (8 Semesters).
Eligibility Criteria for B.A.B.Ed./B.Sc.B.Ed. Program
- Candidates with at least 50% marks in the senior secondary/10+2(5% Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per norms of Government of Gujarat.) The University follows the guidelines of Government of Gujarat/UGC/NCTE.
- The candidate must qualify in the primary Entrance Test and second test conducted by Indian Institute of Teacher Education.
Generally, during May-June, immediately after the declaration of HSC results the advertisement is issued and the admission procedure is conducted.
IITE invites online applications for admissions to four year integrated courses B.Sc.B.Ed. (100 Seats) and B.A.B.Ed. (100 Seats). The interested candidates may apply through IITE Website:- www.iite.ac.in . For more queries on online admission procedure Email on:- email@example.com.
At the time of applying online you have to keep ready the scanned copies of your passport size photograph and signature.
After online applications following is conducted:
1. Eligible candidates shall have to appear in Primary Entrance Test conducted by the Indian Institute of Teacher Education (IITE) as per schedule.
2. Short listed candidates appeared in Primary Entrance Test of IITE, shall have to appear again in Second Entrance Test conducted by the Indian Institute of Teacher Education (IITE) as per schedule.
3. Admission will be given as per merit list prepared based on marks of both primary and second test only.
Primary Entrance Test:
All the candidates who are eligible are required to appear in person for the Primary Entrance Test as per the centre chosen by the candidate. The entrance test will be based on the topics mentioned below. IITE shall not provide any study material for the test.
Paper Type :
1. General Knowledge
2. Communication Skill in English
3. Reasoning and Numerical ability
4. Information and Communication Technology
5. Logical and Analytical Abilities
6. Creativity, Innovation & Problem Solving
Each Paper type have total 20 MCQ.
Each Paper type have total 20 Marks.
Duration of the test: 90 minutes
The candidate shall have to secure minimum 50% marks in the Primary Entrance Test to become qualify for Second Entrance Test.
Second Entrance Test:
All the candidates who are eligible in Primary entrance test are required to appear in person for the Second Entrance Test at University campus situated at Gandhinagar. The entrance test will be based on the topics mentioned below. IITE shall not provide any study material for the test.
Paper Type : Teaching Aptitude Test
Teaching Aptitude test have total 40 Questions and 80 Marks.
Duration of the test: 60 minutes
The Test shall consist the test items that will assess the inherent teaching aptitude of the student.
Preparation of Merit:
Those who have cleared primary entrance test by attaining minimum 50% of the primary entrance test marks will declared qualifying for appearing in-person for the Second Entrance Test.
The merit will be prepared by taking 40% of the Primary Entrance Test and 60% of Second Entrance Test marks and the merit list will be prepared in descending order.
The University will call the students in order from the merit list for counselling in admission procedure.
The candidates are informed to visit the university website from time to time for getting the latest information.
In case of having similar marks of two or more candidates while preparing the final merit, following procedure will be taken into consideration;
1. STEP ONE: the merit will be prepared based on Second Entrance Test marks and the candidate securing higher marks will be given preference in the merit.
2. STEP TWO: In case of similarity in the STEP ONE the merit will be prepared based on Primary Entrance Test marks and the candidate securing higher marks will be given preference in the merit.
3. STEP THREE: In case of similarity in the STEP TWO the merit will be prepared based on 10+2/HSC marks and the candidate securing higher marks will be given preference in the merit.
4. STEP FOUR: In case of similarity in the STEP THREE the merit will be prepared based on PCB/PCM for Science Stream and Total marks except Language subjects for General Stream in 10+2/HSC and the candidate securing higher marks will be given preference in the merit.
5. STEP FIVE: In case of similarity in the STEP FOUR the merit will be prepared based on marks of First Language of the candidate in 10+2/HSC and the candidate securing higher marks will be given preference in the merit.
The candidate shall submit the self - attested copies of the following documents along with the print out of the registration form at the time of admission counselling:
- SSC Examination (Std. X) Mark - sheet.
- HSC Examination (Std. XII) Mark - sheet.
- School Leaving Certificate, Transfer Certificate or Migration Certificate
- Caste certificate for a candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC), Economically Backward Class issued by the authority empowered by the Gujarat State Government in this behalf.
- Valid Non- Creamy layer (NCL) certificate of the family, issued by the authority empowered by the State Government in this behalf Certificate of Physical Disability, issued and duly signed by the Civil Surgeon/ competent Medical Authority; in case of a Physically Handicapped candidate
The fees for B. Sc. B. Ed. & B. A. B. Ed. Programme:
Tuition fees : 17500
Laboratory Fees :500
Stationery/Material Fees :500
Library Fees :500
Cultural Fees :500
Sports Fees :500
EPC Fees :2000
No, you cannot leave this programme after completion of 3 years as this is 4 year integrated programme. Degree can only be awarded after successfully completion of 4 years (8 semesters).
Programme : B.Sc.B.Ed.
Seats available :100
Subjects offered : Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany
Programme : B.A.B.Ed.
Seats available :100
Subjects offered : English, Gujarati, Hindi, Sanskrit, History, Geography, Economics
B.Sc.B.Ed. : 100
B.A.B.Ed. : 100
IITE offers an integrated programme where from the first semester the students are exposed to the teaching methods and techniques. Along with class room teaching and training, students at IITE are provided special training in horse riding, judo karate and various in-door and out-door sports. Students are also provided extensive training in communication skills and ICT, Drama, music and dance, painting and life skills. Students are also encouraged for their placements in the best schools in the country. Students are also motivated for start-up activities. In short, students at IITE are far better than the students pursuing teacher education through any traditional teacher education programme.
The facilities offered by the university includes well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, library, play ground, hostel, transport facilities for the students to reach the university from their hostel, free wi-fi facility at university campus as well as hostel, medical facility at hostel, unique communication laboratory, modern computer laboratories, smart class room equipped with required electronics gadgets like interactive white board, projector, computer and internet connection.
Along with infrastructural facilities, University also provides healthy atmosphere for the professional growth of the student. University provides special trainers for some specific traits for the teacher graduate like drama, dance, music, painting, communication skills, ICT, integral personality development etc. Along with the mentor teacher, University also provides facility of special counselor for the students.
For the purpose of admission, the seats shall be reserved for the candidates who are of Gujarat origin and falling under the following categories and in following proportion, namely;
• Scheduled Castes: 7%
• Scheduled Tribes: 15%
• Socially and Educationally Backward Classes: 27%
• Economically Backward Class: 10%
A candidate seeking admission on reserved seat shall be required to produce a Certificate of Caste
Provided that the candidate belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes and economically backward class shall be required to produce a certificate to the effect of non -inclusion in Creamy Layer in addition to the caste certificate.
No caste certificate shall be valid unless it is duly stamped, signed and issued by the authority empowered by the Government of Gujarat.
No certificate to the effect of non - inclusion in Creamy Layer shall be valid, unless it is duly stamped, signed and issued by the authority empowered by the Government of Gujarat.
If a candidate fails to submit the certificates as required at the time of counselling, his/her candidature shall be considered for admission under unreserved category.
If a candidate of reserved category gets admission on unreserved seat in order of merits, he/she may be given admission on the unreserved seat.
The admission of a candidate of a reserved category on a reserved seat shall be valid subject to the verification of caste certificate by the authority empowered by the State Government in this behalf. In case the caste certificate is found invalid on verification, he/she shall not have right to claim his/her admission on reserved seat and if he/she has already been granted admission, such admission shall be cancelled. Admission of such candidate may be continued in case of availability of vacant unreserved seats, subject to the condition of eligibility of merit.
After granting admission to all the candidates of reserved categories on respective reserved seats, the reserved category seats remaining vacant shall be transferred to the unreserved category seats.
Reservation for Physically Disabled Candidates
Three percent of the available seats in each category shall be reserved, in accordance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act, 2016 for the persons with disability who can perform the academic activities in the respective program.
A candidate with disability shall have to submit certificate of disability issued and duly signed by the Civil Surgeon.
Explanation: “person with disability” means a person suffering from not less than forty per cent of any disability as certified by a competent medical authority.
No, there isn't any management quota or payment seat available for admission. The admissions are given strictly on the merit basis only.
1. Yes, one can apply for the scholarship to the social welfare department; and according to the norms of the department, one can avail the scholarship.
2. The University has also made a provision to provide scholarship for having highest merit of the first FIVE admitted candidates in the form of waiver of tuition fees to the student in the manner prescribed as under;
The candidates who have attained highest score in the Final Merit List of the Entrance Test shall be considered as eligible for getting University Scholarship.
There will be FIVE scholarship awards in the form of waiver of Tuition Fees for the eligible students who will be given admission to B.Sc.B.Ed. and B.A.B.Ed. courses of the university only. However, the candidate is liable to pay all the other fees as prescribed in the brochure for securing the admission.
In order to prepare the merit for the scholarship, minimum of 70% score from the Final Merit list will be considered as eligibility criteria.
In the event of tie, the university will prepare a methodology and that shall be final for all the purposes. The candidate will be required to secure O+ grade throughout the course to get the scholarship for the entire course. In the event of failure to maintain O+ grade in any semester, the University will stop providing the scholarship to the student hence after.
Yes, student who has successfully completes the course may appear for the examinations.
No, there is no exception from TAT/TET Examination after completion of B. Sc. B. Ed/B. A. B. Ed.